Compassionate. Committed. Community-Focused.
- Family Law
- Child Support
- Employment Law
General Litigation Profile
- Prosecution and defense of family law matters including divorce, custody, maintenance and child support, protective orders and property division.
- Certified Mediator and Guardian Ad Litem
- Appointment as Guardian Ad Litem in high-conflict custody and divorce cases
- Prosecution and defense of employment discrimination cases under Title VII, ADA, ADEA, and others.
- Experience in preventive legal counseling, litigation avoidance and settlement negotiation strategies.
- Prior In-House Counsel experience
- Prosecution of cases against school districts for special education placement and related services
- More than 10 bench trials as sole trial attorney
- Member of Illinois State Bar Association
- Member of Will County Bar Association; GAL Committee
- Member of the DuPage Bar Association; Domestic Relations Committee
- Member of the Woman’s Bar Association of IL
- Member of the Puerto Rico Bar Association; Judicial Evaluation Committee
- Board Member of Crime Stoppers of Bolingbrook
- Member of the Hispanic Bar Association of Illinois;
- University of Puerto Rico Law School, San Juan, Puerto Rico
- J.D. - 2007
- Honors: Award for Outstanding Performance in the class room in the UPR School of Law’s Criminal Defense Clinic
- Honors: Student Council Vice-president
- Honors: Moot Court Trial Team
- University of Puerto Rico
- B.A. - 2000